Friday, March 16, 2007

My mum`s story

My mum is a person who sometimes acts strangely mysteriously.

I moved out from my parent`s house when I entered the University.
And every summer and winter holidays I visited my parents.
First sign of my mum`s enigmatic act I realized was...

When I visited mum on my first year`s summer holiday,
mum was wearing a wristband with spheres carved out from wood and it looked quite nice.

I said,
"Hey mum, that bracelet is cool. Where did you buy it?"


She said,
"I found this from my old stuff box and if you asked me why I am wearing this, the day before yesterday I set fire to my oven and I forgot it. It was really dangerous, daddy told me off strictly, so I decided to put this bracelet on my hand while I use my oven so that I never forget the fire."

"... Cool mum."




Things couldn`t have been worse...

Next winter holiday, there was a walnut crusher doll on the living room table.
The doll was a souvenir when my dad went to Germany on business trip.
And a walnut was crammed in the doll`s opening mouth. It was bit odd.

I asked mum,
"Hey mum, what on earth is that dolls on the table? Isn`t it messy eh?"

Mum said,
"Takeshi, I told you last time I forgot the fire of my oven, and I forgot it again. I needed to improve my reminder. If you found the doll with a walnut, would you remind me that I am using the fire on my oven?"


"... Okay mum."



Had I thought the things couldn`t have been worse? I was wrong.

Next summer holiday, there was no sign of the walnut crusher on the table.
Instead of it, my mum appeared wearing a flying helmet which I bought when I was in the high school.

This time I could guess why mum wore the helmet but I asked mum unwillingly.

"Hey mum... why?"

"Takeshi, you know me forget things. I forgot the fire again. I`ve improved my reminder. The most annoying thing is the best I thought. If you found me wearing this helmet, would you think me using the fire?"

"... That`s really smart mum."



Next winter I visited my parent`s house. My mum wasn`t at home.

My dad said,
"I think mum went to the next door house to give them some fruit."

And when mum got back home...,

She was wearing the helmet.

She had completely got use to it.


library picture

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Takeshi, Only started reading some of your stories!!! You are HILARIOUS dude...keep up the great work! Also love your food blog! Haven't read all your stuff but I know I'm going to enjoy it. Thanks! Debbie